Classic Village colonial in the heart of Maplewood! Bright and sunny 3bd, 2ba with open floor plan and flat, private yard. Quiet street just 1/2 mile to town, trains to NYC, YMCA & Memorial Park.From the moment you enter this cheerful home, you will be surrounded by natural light. The bright living room flows into the open concept kitchen/dining area making it perfect for hosting and entertaining. There is a sun-filled Maplewood/sitting room off the living room, as well as a family room to the back of the kitchen (w/ full bath ideal for overnight guests), offering plenty of space to spread out and make your own. Upstairs you will find a Master bedroom with walk in closet, as well as 2 additional bedrooms and a full bath. Outside is a large, wide deck perfect for grilling in the warmer months.
Schools: Clinton Elementary, South Orange Middle School, Columbia High School
2017 Taxes: $ 14,632
- Openness & flow of the living room to dining room to kitchen.
- There is so much natural light - both morning and evening (especially love the morning light in the kitchen!).
- Less than ½ mile to Memorial Park/Playground.
- The location overall is wonderful - ½ a mile to the train or center of the the village, close to the Y and Crossfit Maplewood, around the corner from 7-11 (great when we run out of coffee!) and food shopping/pharmacies are easily accessible.
- The back “den” and also a living room (we watch TV in the back - and keep the front for reading, etc.)
- Staircase with the built-in shelving on the landing.
- The backyard/garden and deck are so lovely and it is fun to sit around the fire pit.
- Great counter space in the kitchen, with sight lines to the den.
- The Eastern light that comes in through the walk-in closet window into the master bedroom in the morning.
- Great neighbors! Some that have lived here 30+ years.
Dear Future 7 Crowell Place Homeowner,
Welcome home! We’re so happy you’ve found this gem of a house.
The very first thing you’re going to love is how it simply feels to be in this house. Between the flow of the floor plan, the open kitchen and the daylight that fills the house (both in the morning and evening) all combine to make it bright and happy place to be in at any time of the day.
When we moved in our daughter was 18 months old and being in this location has been everything I’d hoped for her. Crowell place is home to several kids who are her age (and younger) and it has been a suburban dream to be able to walk up or across the street for a playdate, or have the kids over - in every season. (On a recent snow day, when all was closed, we had our neighbors over for an extended playdate that was fun for both the kids and us moms!) We are about a 7 minute walk from Memorial Park and playground - and that’s been fantastic too. Also, we are a 5 minute walk (or 2 minute drive) from the YMCA Early Learning Center where Piper has attended for 3 years and that has also been a dream: great childcare and school, super fun camp in the summer, and a staff who really loves the kids - and incredibly convenient drop off to walk to drop off and pick up on our way to the train.
The walk to the train is 10 minutes (or a 3 minute drive or bike ride) which is wonderful. And if you catch a Direct train, the commute is a quick 30 minutes or so. And once you’re at the train station, you’re also in the heart of Maplewood Village - bagels, coffee, movies, shopping, music classes, dance classes, events - you name it, it’s all there.
We’ve loved this location - we’re right around the corner from the 7-11 should we have an immediate needs, and right down the street from the new CVS and Stop and Shop. For fitness we are a quick walk to Crossfit Maplewood (next to the Y) or right down the street from Blink Fitness (between CVS and Stop & Shop). I mean, honestly, everything you need is white a 1/2 mile radius !
We’re a quick car ride to the Maplewood Pool which we joined for the first time last year, and now wish we’d joined sooner. It is one of the best ways to spend your time in the summer - with a pool for every age and stage of swimmer. And it’s just fun to run into all our Maplewood friends while we’re there.
This was our first home after renting an apartment in Brooklyn for 10+ years, and it gave us all the space, convenience and community we were seeking. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
The Current 7 Crowell Place Homeowners